Banner Ad

 

 

 

Philip Porter Disappearance - Part 2

July 4 - Bulletin

R.C.M.P. in Kimberley were hopeful today that replies to questionnaires circulated among nearly 200 students may help to unravel the mystery of Philip Porter's disappearance.

So far there has been no Information on the boy's whereabouts who has been missing from his Kimberley home since June 26th.

Police are hoping that information from students will supply new leads that will help in another intensive search planned for Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, as there has been no response to the $2,000 reward for information offered by the boy's father, R.M. Porter, or an all-points bulletin issued by the R.C.M.P.

Staff Sgt. W.A Tooley told the student meeting at McKim Junior High School this morning that Philip may be in grave danger and that they should consider it their duty to submit any information they may have concerning the boy's movements prior to his disappearance.

He said there has been a new report that Philip may have been seen in Lethbridge, Alta., but the report has not been confirmed. Staff Sgt. Tooley said more than 200 reports had been received on sightings of the missing boy, but none has been confirmed.

The R.C.M.P. officer said there were reports that Philip had been engaged in "a scuffle" with some other boys a few days prior to his disappearance, and he asked anyone knowing of the incident to report it. Also, whether anyone knew of the missing boy being in the company of several other boys the afternoon of his disappearance.

Ad for student meeting about Philip Porter

Reward Clumbs to $5,000

Daily Bulletin - July 11, 1969

(Kimberley) A $5,000 reward was offered today for information on the whereabouts of 16-year-old Philip Porter missing from his Kimberley, B.C. home since June 26 and believed to have met with foul play.

RCMP here said R.M. Porter, the boy's father, has increased an earlier $2,000 reward to $5,000 for information leading to recovery of his son.

Police request that any information should be reported to the nearest RCMP detachment.

Police fear this missing youth may have been kidnapped or is missing due to some other type of foul play. An anonymous telephone call was received by the boy's mother late on the day of his disappearance demanding $100,000 for his return and threatening to kill him if police were notified.

To date the Porters have received no further contact and police have been unable to find any leads.

Ad for information on Philip Porter

Twitter Facebook Google+

For inquiries or submissions to Kimberley Keepers, please contact us at:
admin@kimberleykeepers.ca - Click Here

 

Banner Ad